Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Vision Board Class

This past Sunday I led a vision board* class with a small group of friends. If someone asked me to describe the evening in a few words I would say: awesome, vibrant, motivating, peaceful, joyful, and fulfilling. It created this wonderful sense of community in a room with only four people. One of my friends commented that it was so nice to work together in a group, but in silence. So rarely do we spend time in each other's company without talking, watching TV, looking at our cell phones or with an abundance of background noise. We had some quiet guitar music playing and talked every so often, but it was so cool to see my friends shift into a place where they could tap into thoughts that they normally may not allow themselves to spend too much time with. There was an excited, but peaceful energy in the room and by the end of the class I (and I think everyone else, too!) was so filled with joy. As the teacher in that moment, I was so happy for what my friends were able to create for themselves during our two-hour session. For whatever reason, at the end of class my natural reaction was to keep bringing my hands to prayer pose (in Sanskrit, Anjali Mudra) and thanking my friends for sharing their time with me. Anjali Mudra is a symbol of respect, gratitude and recognition of honoring the moment, which seemed quite fitting at the time. I love the following description and feel like it captures the essence of the feeling that was flowing through the room:

"This gesture signifies the potential for an intention to progress to greatest spiritual awakening. When done properly the palms are not flat against each other; the knuckles at the base of the fingers are bent a little, creating space between the palms and fingers of the two hands resembling a flower yet to open, symbolizing the opening of our hearts" (Source: Bodhi Surf School)

In our jobs, we often think or talk about whether or not our work aligns with the company or organization mission -- and if it does, we know we're moving in the right direction. A few years ago, I realized my own "personal mission", which is to "help others live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives". You know something aligns with your mission when it makes you glow from inside out, when it challenges you in the right ways, and makes you feel whole. I can say with certainty that leading this class aligned with my personal mission. 

This has led to my next step... to create Soul Full Space Vision Board Workshops... coming soon! :)

Namaste,







* What's a vision board? Essentially, a collage of inspiring words, quotes, images and photos, which serves as a visual, creative expression of our goals and dreams. In my class we work through your values, goals and approach the process with intention. It's a fun, inspiring activity to help you manifest your dream life!







No comments:

Post a Comment