Thursday, August 13, 2015

14 Week Update

How far along: 14 weeks, 3 days
Weight gain/loss: 152 was my last (15 lbs total so far)
Maternity clothes: Yep. Most clothes are uncomfortable. My small sweats are getting too tight in the waist. All my lululemon is in storage -- aside from 3 pairs of loose fitting pants. I bought a pair of large cotton drawstring sweats -- they are heaven! My bra strap extenders and new maternity bras (they are cute for maternity!) have been lifesavers. 
Sleep: Wake up 1-2/night to go to the bathroom. Having 2 Starbucks venti size water bottles by my bedside has been so helpful, so that I don't have to refill my one bottle in the middle of the night. After a week or two with the memory foam body pillow and still having neck/occipital pain, I'm finding the regular old body pillow with my mini travel pillow and a king size feather pillow under my head is most helpful, but despite the change, I still get neck pain in the morning. :(
Best moment this week: I thought I felt the babies move at 13w5d when we were singing tautas dziesmas (Latvian folk songs) at my friend Maritia's baby shower. It really felt like it! Maybe it was? Maybe it was just stretching? 
Miss Anything? Cleaning the house/organizing as much as I really want to! Being able to stand and walk around for long periods. Not having occipital pain/headaches. Regular sandwiches with deli meat!
Movement: See above
Food cravings: Not as strong lately. I was craving fries and a shake though, so had to stop at Ray's the other day. I'm trying not to eat too much sugar, but those cravings for sweets seem to take over! It seems I crave much healthier food when not pregnant, which is strange. I'm just going to guess my body needs the calories. The OB said about 900 extra calories per day, but the supposed "bible" of multiple pregnancies book I'm reading says triplet moms should aim for 4,000 calories per day to have optimal weight babies at birth! Wow! I've kept track for a few days on an app and I'm hovering just over 3,000 -- I think that's pretty good! ;)
Anything making your queasy or sick? If I go too long without eating, I feel nauseated. Usually happens in the morning after breakfast #1, then I need to eat again shortly after. Tonight I waited too long to eat dinner and got really low blood sugar. 
Have you started to show yet? Oh yeah ;)
Prayers: I pray that the twins' placenta will migrate out of the previa position and move to the posterior side. I pray that my cervix stays long at 3.6 or greater and closed. I pray that baby A and B share their nutrition equally. I pray for God to stand by me and protect our little miracles allowing me to carry them as long as possible. I pray to reach our first goal of 28 weeks, then 30 weeks, 32, 34 and hopefully 35! 
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out? In
Stretch marks: No
Mood: Some mood changes this week. Overall happy and content, with bouts of the blues and anxious feelings. I have had some irritable episodes that feel totally not me and totally out of my control -- hormones?? 
Looking forward to: The anatomy scan at 16 weeks!! 




14 week bump (looks a little funny with the shadow behind me)

No comments:

Post a Comment