Saturday, August 15, 2015

15 Week Update

How far along: 15 weeks 6 days
Weight gain/loss: Two days ago I was at 156.4
Maternity clothes: I really needed more comfy pants, so I bought a pair of maroon maternity leggings with the belly support (in medium) at Motherhood Maternity this week. So comfy! 
Sleep: Once again, I'm rotating my body pillows, but I'm finding the memory foam one sadly doesn't have enough belly support. It seems to be the trend that I go to bed at 10:30ish and wake up between 4:30-6 am to sleep sitting up until 7:30-8:30 am. I'm finding my hips start to ache from sleeping on my side, which is strange since I'm a side sleeper anyway. This sleep thing is already so complicated! I've read a lot of multiple moms start sleeping in reclining chairs toward the end of pregnancy!
Best moment this week: Our hospital tour. It was really nice to see where we will be and what we can expect. I'm really happy with our hospital's updated facilities and that they are very pro-mom & baby. We didn't get to see the post-partum rooms, but the nurse said they are very similar to the birthing rooms. We even peeked in the cafeteria, just to get a feel for what was being offered. After our tour, Markus and I had a little dinner date and played trivia at Grand Rapids Brewing Co. (even though we didn't make it to the end because I was having a hard time sitting on a bar stool!). 
Miss Anything? We drove by a Jimmy John's the other day and I would've done anything for a sandwich! Markus' craft beer at the bar looked really refreshing! Not having my neck hurt every morning :( I gotta figure something out...
Movement: I don't know if what I'm feeling is movement, but lately I feel a lot of action on the right side of my belly where the twins are. I'll feel this sort of tightness with what feels like like pokes/pressure? I don't know if it's stretching or if it's the babies.
Food cravings: I have been craving a 7-layer salad like crazy -- the one with lettuce, peas, bacon, etc. I think I'll have to make one! I was craving a McDonald's crispy chicken sandwich so bad the other night, I ended up making Markus take me there to get one the next day (I probably haven't had one of these since high school or college!) I always pay the price for eating a gluten-full bun, but there's nothing like satisfying a pregnancy craving haha! I promise I'm eating healthy homemade meals ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, but plain grilled chicken just hasn't sounded appealing for the last two weeks or so.
Have you started to show yet? Maybe I should remove this question and just start measuring my belly ;)
Gender predictions: Twin boys and a single girl -- or all boys. Who knows?!
Prayers: I had been having a lot of fear lately and posted about it on the Moms of Multiples page I'm a part of. I received such wonderful responses and support and messages from other moms who've been there, or feel the same now. I really liked what one mom said that was so simple. Every night she thanks God for keeping her babies inside another day. It really is one day at a time. I've made that a practice every night and every morning.
Labor signs: No
Stretch marks: No
Mood: Overall good! I get a little teary when I see photos of triplet babies all together on other mom's blogs - I can't wait to meet our little miracles!
Looking forward to: The anatomy scan next Tuesday! Seeing my dear friend Anna this weekend! 



15 week bump

No comments:

Post a Comment