Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Our Triplet Miracle

I never intended to write about my struggles with infertility, but knowing how much others' infertility blogs helped me cope and now that I find myself turning to triplet pregnancy blogs for encouragement I thought to share my triplet pregnancy journey.

I don't intend for this to be as in depth as blogs I've read focused solely on infertility and pregnancy, so I'll share our brief summary of how our triplet miracles came to be.

We found out we were pregnant May 2015 after struggling on our own for a while (and undergoing surgery for endometriosis & removal of cysts in 2013) and then seeking treatment at a Reproductive Endocrinology clinic from May 2014-June 2015 and undergoing:

4 medicated IUIs: Femara, Ovidrel, Progesterone suppositories - all BFNs
IVF#1 (Fresh cycle): Birth control protocol, low dose Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, Progesterone in Oil - BFP, chemical pregnancy :(
IVF #2 (Fresh cycle): Highest dose Menopur, Follistim, Saizen growth hormone, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, Progesterone in Oil - BFN
IVF #3 (Fresh cycle): Customized Chinese herbs (tea form, went through three rounds before we found the one), CoQ10 with Ubiquinol 3x daily, Estrogen priming protocol with Vivelle patches, Endometrial scratch procedure, highest dose Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, Progesterone in Oil - BFP, Triplets!!! (Beta 1: 207.5, Beta 2: 646.4 -- we suspected multiples...)

* I have been going to acupuncture for nine years and went consistently throughout my treatments

Because I decided to start writing about my experience in my second trimester, in my next post I'll share a first trimester summary and then intend to share weekly updates going forward. I know that what helped me the most was reading success stories of those who had been there and having a support network both online and with friends who were on the journey at the same time. I hope that by sharing my experience, I can help someone out there find hope. No two paths are alike when it comes to infertility and pregnancy, but seeing that others struggled and then were blessed with a miracle has helped me have faith and see there is light at the end of what can be a dark and lonely path. To anyone feeling isolated, ashamed, scared, confused -- remember, you are NOT alone. I found that sharing openly with people I trusted connected me to others who were struggling, too. Being able to share and lean on someone who knows what you're going through, as well as provide support, prayers and encouraging words to someone else, serves as a true gift during a difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment