Sunday, September 13, 2015

19 week update

How far along: 19 weeks 6 days
Weight gain/loss: My home scale has been reading between 170-174 depending on the time of day - 33 to 37 lb gain!
Maternity clothes: Tried wearing some of my size small maternity pants this week and it was so uncomfortable :( Finally just ordered some black leggings and a black sweatsuit in size large from Motherhood Maternity, waiting for them to arrive! 
Sleep: Most nights I'm still able to sleep on my side all night. Only major issue is my hips getting sore. It is getting a little harder to turn over and get out of bed! 
Best moment this week: Finally saw the babies moving! More on that below... Also really enjoyed our Twins, Triplets & More class on Thursday night. This time we got to hear from and ask questions of a panel of twin & triplet parents. It was very helpful! 
My aunt Astrida came to visit me this week, which was so nice! We talked for several hours and enjoyed some tea & pastries. She brought some adorable baby outfits and a cute mom duck and three baby ducks bath toy ;) Leaving many of our friends behind in Chicago (and having friends and family who live far away), it's hard not having face-to-face time with them. It was a nice change having a visitor!
Miss Anything? Being able to go to the grocery store and peruse the aisles. Markus took me to the store earlier in the week and pushed me in a wheelchair with a basket attached. My days of strolling around big stores are over! As far as food, I'm still dreaming about that Jimmy John's sandwich and champagne or wine! Lastly, not being constantly congested! 
Movement: Was sitting in my lounge chair earlier in the week and finally felt that "popcorn" sensation women talk about. I could see parts of my belly moving like a piece of popcorn was popping under the skin. So cool! 
Food cravings: No real cravings this week. Finding it a little harder to meet my 3,500-4,000 calorie needs, I just haven't been as hungry as in the first trimester. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really.
Belly measurement: Biggest part of the belly is now 40.5 inches
Gender: 3 Boys!!
Prayers: No appointments this week, so still just being thankful for every day our babies stay in and grow. Praying for our twins and for their fluid levels to stay stable. 
Labor signs: No
Stretch marks: No. I do get itchy belly from time to time and ordered some Belli Elasticity Oil this week. I received a sample of it and it really helps, smells like lavender and has no toxic ingredients, so thought to order a full size. 
Mood: Overall good. Resting at home can make me antsy from time to time, but I know I'm doing what's best for these babies. I did have a random crying spell last night -- I think from the physical overwhelm and hormones!
Looking forward to: My 20 week appointment on Tuesday. Praying all is well...



19 week belly
(cut another few inches off my hair, feels much lighter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment