Monday, September 28, 2015

21 week update

How far along: 21 weeks 6 days 
Weight gain/loss: Scale this week is reading 174-176 (37-39 lb gain) 
Symptoms: Congested/slight bloody nose as usual, swollen ankles after a lot of activity over the weekend, sciatica -- this was so bad I couldn't walk or move on Wednesday night and Thursday. I called my OB and she recommended I seek out a chiropractor who specializes in pregnant women. I went for an appointment Friday and after about a day and a half, no sciatica! I also got heartburn for the first time, especially when laying down -- luckily a few Tums helped. 
Maternity clothes: Placed yet another order through Motherhood Maternity. Ordered larger bras because my rib cage has now grown 6 inches and my bra extender is barely cutting it! 
Sleep: I'm waking up pretty much every night at 12:00, 3:00 and 5:00/6:00 to use the bathroom. It is getting harder to turn over and get out of bed. 
Best moment this week: Getting to see my friend Jentry get married! I was able to get a script for a wheelchair from my OB and had it delivered just in time for the wedding! My sister visited this weekend and we had a lovely "girl's day" with my mom on Sunday.
Miss Anything? Again, just being able-bodied! We've got 13 weeks until our goal, I pray every day to make it and I know staying pregnant is what our babies need to be born healthy. Some days it just gets hard carrying three!
Movement:  Babies are very active! They seem to be most active when I'm sitting in a reclined position. It does feel weird when I get a big body part pressing into my ribs. I love seeing & feeling them move around :) 
Food cravings: Pumpkin everything! Now that it feels like fall I've had a strong craving for pumpkin. Unfortunately, I crave sweets pretty much all the time! I could probably eat a full loaf of pumpkin bread! 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Eating too much at once, having heartburn. 
Belly measurement: Biggest part of the belly is now 42 inches
Gender: 3 Boys!!
Prayers: I pray every day for our babies (especially for the twins' fluid and Baby C's heart & brain). I also pray for my health and the ability to carry our babies to our goal date.
Labor signs: No
Stretch marks: No
Mood: Overall good, tired
Looking forward to: Our 22 week appointment on Tuesday. Getting the mini-nursery in order.
Other: I got a good laugh when the man delivering my wheelchair asked if I was 8 or 9 months. Happened again when Markus and I went to get lunch and the guy at the take out window asked if we were on the way to the the hospital to deliver. Oh boy! ;)



Markus and I on our way to the wedding ceremony - 21 week belly




No comments:

Post a Comment