Sunday, October 4, 2015

22 week update

How far along: 22 weeks 6 days
Weight gain/loss: I was 176 at this week's appointment (~39 lb gain)
Symptoms: The usual congested/slight bloody nose, a few episodes of heartburn, slight carpal tunnel in my hands (more so in the mornings)
Maternity clothes: Many triplet moms seem to outgrow maternity wear and I can definitely see this happening. On my shopping list is a pack of Hanes men's v-neck t-shirts to sleep in and who knows what kind of pants I'll need in a few weeks! I currently only have 3 pairs of pants that are comfortable -- only two of which I wear in public haha ;). I really thought my maternity leggings would be comfier, but the over belly band ends up feeling restricting and when I wear it folded down it feels a bit tight. My mom gifted me two cute maternity sweaters (size L) from Motherhood Maternity this week. I was so excited because when putting them on I felt cute and not frumpy haha. 
Sleep: Still waking 3 times per night to use the restroom. Again, most nights I can sleep pretty well and then there are those nights my hips really start to hurt, so I just get up early and take a morning nap later.
Best moment this week: Not having any more sciatica! The chiropractor is helping a lot. My neck pain and shoulder blade pain have diminished as well. We received new bassinets and they're perfect! We had to return the original ones because they were only 26" tall and were meant as a bedside bassinet (we are setting up a mini nursery in the room across from our bedroom). I found these by Babyletto and they are actual mini cribs at 36" tall -- much better for me at 5'9" and Markus at 6'0". :) 
Miss Anything? Deli sandwiches :)
Movement:  Babies are still very active!
Food cravings: Still craving those deli sandwiches and pumpkin everything.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really
Belly measurement: Biggest part of the belly is now 42.5"
Gender: 3 Boys!!
Prayers: At this past week's appointment the MFM OB initially thought Baby C had too much amniotic fluid, which can pose problems. After she consulted with their new MFM OB director, he felt it wasn't a concern and said "we shouldn't lose sleep over it." I continue to pray for our babies' health and all of their fluid levels. I pray for the strength to keep carrying these babies to our goal date. 
Labor signs: No
Stretch marks: No
Mood: Overall good
Looking forward to: My upcoming baby shower and our next growth scan in a week and a half. We hit viability on Monday at 23 weeks which is a big deal! 
Other: As I mentioned in a previous post, we've now fully transferred our care to the Maternal Fetal Medicine office rather than also seeing a regular OB. After talking to the new director at the MFM office, he would like their OBs to do our C-section and we will just be watching at each appointment, not really setting a date in advance quite yet. He said if things are going extremely well, he'd let me go to 35 weeks. That being said, our goal is still either the week of December 21 or December 28. 



22 week belly

...My new maternity sweater ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment