Sunday, October 18, 2015

24 week update

How far along: 24 weeks 6 days 
Weight gain/loss: Was 177 at my appointment this week. The nurse said it is normal to fluctuate a bit at this stage.
Symptoms: Unfortunately, I came down with a cold this week and I'm still sick as I type. Being pregnant and sick is not fun and = not much sleep at night. Otherwise, just the usual "non-cold" stuffy nose & nosebleeds, hip pain when sleeping.
Maternity clothes: Nothing much new here, spent most of the week in PJs!
Sleep: This week the hip pain hasn't been as bad at night! That's always a plus. Still getting up between 3-4 times per night to use the bathroom.
Best moment this week: The fact that our appointment went very well! There wasn't much to report, which after another growth ultrasound is good. Babies are measuring:
1lb. 13oz.
1lb. 11oz.
1lb. 5oz. 
Our Baby B is still the little one, but the OB said as long as his growth continues progressing, it is OK. Baby C still has the fuzzy spots on his brain and heart, but again, the OB said these will likely disappear or won't be an issue. My cervix is still measuring around 3.2, which is good. Fluid levels are good! After our appointment we got to tour the NICU. It was really helpful to have our questions answered and to have a better understanding of what to expect with a NICU stay. If the babies are born at 34/35 weeks and have no major issues, there is a good chance our NICU stay would only be 2 weeks.
Miss Anything? Nothing in particular this week, although I can't wait to wear my normal wardrobe again!
Movement:  Lots of action! 
Food cravings: Oranges/tangerines and at this exact moment...chocolate cake! Markus is going out in a bit, he may have to bring back a box of gluten free cake mix (note: I started writing this last night and he did in fact bring back cake mix -- we made it and it was delicious!). Overall my appetite has lessened over the last few weeks, hence a little less weight gain and less growth around the belly. Not sure if this is typical? I'll have to ask. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? No
Belly measurement: Biggest part of the belly is just about 43 inches. The MFM OB doesn't measure the belly like the regular OB did, but I'm guessing I'm measuring something like 36 weeks?
Gender: 3 Boys!!
Prayers: At this point in time, each day is a huge milestone and a day our babies continue to grow and develop. Although each day is a big deal, our next target is the 28 week mark, then 30, 32, and our goal of 34 (or 35!).
Labor signs: No
Stretch marks: No
Mood: Overall good just bummed to be sick :( 
Looking forward to: We are continuing to get the mini nursery in order. I'm excited to see how it looks when it's all done! 


24 week belly
(because I'm still sick and feeling pretty awful, I thought no one needed to see my head in the shot this week haha!)


No comments:

Post a Comment