Sunday, October 25, 2015

25 week update

How far along: 25 weeks 6 days
Weight gain/loss: My home scale has been reading 178-180 lbs. depending on time of day. It's hard to say if I've truly gained or not? I'm going to talk with the OB on Tuesday about my slowed weight gain/growth over the last few weeks. Last time they didn't seem concerned and mentioned weight could now fluctuate, but it feels like I should be still gaining. 
Symptoms: Battled the tail end of my cold through Tuesday. So thankful to be better! However, the major congestion has now turned into the familiar mild congestion paired with mild nose bleeds. That's just how it goes! I've had a few bouts of feeling short of breath, it must be dependent on where the babies are pressing.  Showering has become pretty taxing as well. It's not so much the actual showering, as I have a lovely shower chair, but the drying off/putting on lotion/drying my hair part. I have to lie down afterward! 
Maternity clothes: Nothing new here! Enjoying my borrowed maternity clothes :)
Sleep: Now that the cold has passed, I've been lucky to get some decent sleep. Overall, I have been feeling more tired lately and it's been harder to wake up from a nap! 
Best moment this week: I'd say that our babies are still growing inside! 
Miss Anything? Nothing in particular.
Movement:  Lots of movement! Now in addition to protruding body parts and pokes/kicks, I feel the babies rolling or changing positions. The best way I can describe it is sort of a like having a sea serpent under the skin haha!
Food cravings: Still really enjoying oranges! Otherwise, no cravings. My appetite really increased for a few days after my cold, so that's a good thing. I think part of the not eating as much as I had been also has to do with the fact that it's harder for me to get up multiple times to make something to eat.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No
Belly measurement: Biggest part of the belly is still 43 inches. 
Gender: 3 Boys!!
Prayers: I'm very focused on making it to 28 weeks. I pray our babies keep growing well and that I continue to have the strength and health to carry them. I also pray I pass my 1-hour glucose test this week! 
Labor signs: No
Stretch marks: No
Mood: Overall good. Every so often I become a bit overwhelmed and have what I'm calling a little hormonally-incuded cry. 
Looking forward to: At this point every Monday when we hit a new week it is a reason to celebrate. I look forward to an update at this week's appointment. It won't be a full growth scan, but rather a check on fluid, heart rate and my cervix.



25 week belly 


No comments:

Post a Comment