Sunday, November 1, 2015

26 week update

How far along: 26 weeks 6 days
Weight gain/loss: I was 180 at my appointment this week (43 lb. gain). So, I have gained 3 pounds since my last visit! I think we're on track...
Symptoms: Congestion/nose bleeds (we buy Kleenex in bulk now), feeling more pressure if I stand for too long, tired, harder to breathe & getting acid reflux when laying down.
Maternity clothes: This week I ordered a long sleeve PJ tee from Victoria's Secret in large for the hospital, a cute blue polka dot nursing nightdress in medium from Baby Be Mine and two Motherhood Maternity nursing tanks (two for $22 -- a steal!) from Poshmark. 
Sleep: Not too much new here. I have had some trouble breathing when laying down. Those lungs are getting crushed! 
Best moment this week: I'm always glad to get an update on things at our appointments. Most everything went well this week (more below). We also got a great deal on the Peg Perego Triplette stroller from a fellow triplet mom in the local Moms of Multiples group. The stroller is huge and we haven't yet tried fitting it in our car with all car seats installed. Not sure it will fit unless it is strapped to the roof or on some sort of outside rack! The main reason for buying it is so that my mom and I can walk around our neighborhood and along the bike path by our house with all three babies. Our car seats clip into the stroller and then when the little guys are bigger, we will switch to the toddler seats that it came with. 
Miss Anything? There are times when I miss life in our little apartment in Chicago and miss being able to go out with my husband and our friends. I am incredibly grateful for this pregnancy and our current living situation, but I think it's normal to have these feelings. 
Movement:  Still lots of movement! Sometimes its a tad painful/uncomfortable when one of the babies is really pressing its head or bottom into my belly. It feels like they are trying to push their way through! If I lightly press where they are pushing, they will usually move a little bit and the pressure will subside. 
Food cravings: Red pears and celery! Finally craving some healthy foods ;) The craving for baked goods/desserts, however, has not disappeared! 
Belly measurement: Biggest part of the belly is 43 inches. Interestingly, despite some weight gain the belly hasn't changed much. 
Gender: 3 Boys!!
Prayers: Our appointment this week went well overall. My blood pressure is good, babies' fluids are good. My cervix shrank a bit to around 2.6 from 3. Because I'm not having contractions or other symptoms the OB isn't concerned, as shortening will start to happen at this point. I'm praying it doesn't shorten much more and hope that by trying to minimize stair climbing/standing/walking/trips outside the house it may help. We do have to go for weekly visits now as Baby B was experiencing slower blood flow through his umbilical cord. The OB explained it to us and said that because Baby B is considered to be of appropriate size, he is not so concerned. If Baby B was much smaller than the others, then it would be a major red flag. This will be something that will need to be watched closely, so we will return next Friday. I'm praying that there will be no need to deliver early and that Baby B will continue to grow and thrive as he has been. I also had my 1-hour glucose test this week. I'm still waiting on results -- praying I passed! 
Labor signs: No
Stretch marks: No -- but having major itchy belly. The whole front of my torso has been so itchy despite using belly oil every night and lotion several times per day. 
Mood: Overall good. 
Looking forward to: I'm very anxious to get an update next Friday on Baby B!

26 week Halloween belly


Our pumpkins ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment